3 bike routes, 2 days of adventure, an unforgetable experience!
Come and explore the Dealu Mare wine area, the most compact wine region in Romania, by bike!
Between 21 and 22 August we will welcome you to complete experience that combines cycling, wine tastings and local gastronomy! Come and spend a relaxing yet active weekend, during which you'll discover the Dealu Mare area by bike!
You will enjoy 3 bike routes, surrounded by nature and among the vineyards, tastings of local products at the local farms and craftsmen, and, obviously, visits to selected wineries.
The event will have its start in Ceptura de Jos, a village with an old wine tradition, departing from SERVE Winery, on August 21 and 22, from 9.00 am. You will be able to choose from three different routes each day and we encourage you to spend the evening in a unique ambiance with a good glass of wine.
The event is open to anyone who knows how to ride a bike and is in good physical condition, even if one has only practiced cycling occasionally. Dirt roads, through villages but also on secluded paved roads. Children are welcome at the event and can do the route with their parents.
Ceptura Trail - 11 km, +/- 70m
An easy route that connects SERVE winery to the former Ceptura coal mine. Half of the route is on the old industrial railway embankment, on a cobbled and dirt road. Here we will be able to admire a surprisingly beautiful landscape, at the edge of Ceptura, on a road that climbs smoothly. We will have a snack stop at the cow farm next to the former mine, after which we will stop at Adrian, a skilled carpenter from Ceptura, for a barrel-making demonstration. The return to the starting / finishing point is on asphalt. The winery visit and wine tasting will take place at the end of the tour.
Urlati Trail - 35 km, +/- 350m
A medium level route that crosses several villages in the northern part of Urlați. The lunch snack will be full of surprises at a local producer. The return to Ceptura will be made among the inviting vineyards and with a wine tasting. If the weather allows it, we will have a few km on dirt roads, the rest being on paved country roads. The day will end with a visit to Adrian, a skilled carpenter from Ceptura, for a craft demonstration and a visit to the winery & a wine tasting.
Tohani Trail - 30 km, +/- 270m
A medium level route that takes us to the Tohani hilly area, with one of the most spectacular wine views in Dealu Mare. We will cycle through the vineyards of Tohani, Budureasca, Licorna, Velvet wineries and we will stop on our way to an organic apple orchard to energize ourselves with fresh juice and a picnic in the Velvet vineyards. The route is on asphalt and dirt roads through the vineyard, being suitable for XC / gravel / MTB type bicycles.
- Accompanying guide for each route
- Assistance car along the way where possible
- Participation kit that includes water/fruit / energy bar and the official T-shirt of the event
- Visit to the carpenter with a barrel-making demonstration, snack of local products
- Cheese tasting at a the farm (route C)
- Visit and honey tasting at the beekeeper (route U)
- Visit to the organic Tudor apple orchard and tasting of fresh juice (route T)
- Wine tasting and visit to the wineries on each route
- Short stops at tourist attractions on the route
- Lunch snacks
- Transport to Ceptura, the starting location
- Bicycle rental or personal bicycle transport.
- Accommodation (nerby locations Casa Colinelor and crama de Piatra)
- 275 RON - early bird price, payment until August 5.
- 325 RON - standard price, payment until August 18
- 150 RON - child participation price
Bicycle rental cost:
- Between 90-120 RON depending on the bike model.
- 250 RON - electric bicycle rental price.
Deadline for registration: August 17!
The reservation is confirmed once it has been paid.
In the current epidemiological context, the organizers are careful to comply with all rules aimed at preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus. The “Cycling Days” team will organize the event so that we can safely enjoy the authentic experience in Dealu Mare.